Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 3 update from Katie...

Hiya everyone!! Hope all is well back in the states! Everything's going great over here! 
Our work has progressed wonderfully - we've been able to continue our work on the church in Burkina in many ways. In order to paint, we need to first clean, so sanding the doors and windows has been our first order of business. It's been a great time so far! I've really enjoyed being able to help the church! Also, we've recently made the decision to finish off the church by supplying new seating for about 1200 people by building benches. Thank you so much to everyone that has supported us in any way! I've been able to see the differences your support has made to the lives of the people here, and it's incredible! I'm eager to see how the church will be when our project has finished.
We have made a new friend! In Burkina, there's a small boy, looks about 9 years old. He, as I hear, approached the group on the first day at the church working and gave them hugs. (I was back at the house resting, getting over a tummy bug.) He's been there with us every day, and I have also gotten to spend some time with him. He's pretty adorable, too! Unfortunately, he's got a sore on his leg that looks rather painful, so we've made sure he'll be taken care of by taking him to the hospital tomorrow to get all checked out. Oh, and I've attached a picture of Sedona and him as well!


Lastly, I will say that we all will be singing for the church on Sunday! Since Stefan and Scott both brought guitars, we're going to share with Cameroonians some American music! The choir of the church taught us a song in French, and we've taught them some American songs. It should be quite the service! They all sure know how to dance! It's been great to see how the relationship between us and the choir has grown through the practices we've had every day, and I'm eager to see how it will continue to grow! :)
The work that we've been able to do, and the lives that have already been changed shows me that God's love is everywhere. It's really incredible! I'm so thankful I've been able to come, and I'm excited for what is to come in the coming days here! Love you all and miss you lots!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Katie! We love getting updates from you guys and hearing how you're building relationships and seeing God at work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read as well as see what difference you all are making.

    ReplyDelete