Friday, June 29, 2012

June 26 From Maria...

(Maria has adopted an African child. ;-)
Our trip to Cameroon has been long and exciting, but today has been one of the most exciting by far. We've had many visits from old friends, as word had spread fast that we'd returned, but me and Catie have been looking forward to seeing a very special little friend of ours. Earlier today while we were trying to communicate through broken French/English with KoulSimi, another old friend, we were looking out the window everytime someone passed by thinking we would eventually find Manu. We met 9-year-old Manu last year on the mission in Ngoundere and we ended up spending a lot of time with him. Then I saw him. In a split second I was at the door and he was running towards me with open arms, yelling our names. I don't know about Catie, but I thought I would cry. This past year I've though about, worried about, and missed him more than I can explain, and then he was in front of me, playing "futbol" with mango pits again. I felt like my smile would stretch to the moon and back. So I thank the Lord for this day and am more than excited for the days to come.
Hugs and kisses from Cameroon,
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment